Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Introduction Letter -Brittani-

Hiii !! My name is Brittani, and those who are closest to me call me Britt.  I live in east county, specifically Santee... therefore until I could make the ridiculous decision to commute all the way to San Marcos; I attended Carlton Oaks Elementary from K-8th grade.  From there I went to West Hills High School and graduated in 2007.  I started at Cal State San Marcos immediately following graduation, and yes, surprisingly will be graduating with a 4 year degree in 4 years! I am so excited, there are not even any words to describe!  I think the part that I'm stoked about is no debt!! and maybe some time to have a social life for once. 



Since I work at a financial institution, all I work on is computers.  Every day, all day LONG!  I have never been a PC'er, but that is what we use at the credit union.  At home I have my own macbook,  so I am super stoked about this class and having the opportunity to expand and learn more about technology.  I am fairly comfortable with using computers, although I am not "trick" literate, I guess it's the basics I like.


Regarding the College of Ed Mission Statement... I really like that our school stands for transformation within our society.  I believe that change has to start somewhere, and the classroom is such an impacting place to change lives.  In addition, I have absorbed my life in loving people and standing for social justice.  I believe that social justice is more than just having compassion for a person or a group of people.  I believe that as an individual with power, it is important to DO something about the injustice within our country.  In saying that, I did not apply to CSUSM because of the mission statement...
Looking forward working with everyone in this class and learning how to have an impacting classroom in the future.


~Britt 



No comments:

Post a Comment